- NBC29, May 2022 – Interview with JABA CEO Marta Keane about the Charlottesville Area Alliance
- WINA News Radio, May 2022 – JABA CEO Marta Keane and The Center at Belvedere executive director Peter Thompson joined WINA Radio show host Michael Guthrie to talk about how the Charlottesville Area Alliance is advocating for healthy aging in our area.
- Daily Progress, July 2021 – Feature on Joe Jamison and VisitAble, a startup providing disability accessibility training, certification and publicity. Read more…
- February 2021 –2.8.21 Charlottesville Area Alliance. Proclamation from the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- Daily Progress, May 2019 – Older Americans Month prompts new look at ‘age-friendly initiative’ for community
- JABA –2017 Charlottesville Area Alliance Annual Report
- NBC29, November 2018 – Charlottesville Area Alliance Releases Age-Friendly Community Survey
- November 2018 Survey – Take the Charlottesville Area Alliance Survey
- Charlottesville Podcasting Network, February 2018 –Becoming an Age-Friendly Community
- Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 2017 – Albemarle, Charlottesville celebrate area aging alliance
- Daily Progress, April 2017 – Vital Signs: New Charlottesville Area Alliance strives for age-friendly community
- Press Release: Charlottesville, Albemarle County Accepted Into AARP’s Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- CBS19 –Alliance strives to make Charlottesville more “age-friendly” community
Housing for Age Friendly Communities: Missing Middle and ADUsNovember 17, 2022 from 12:00-1:00pm
What: In partnership with the Charlottesville Area Alliance and AARP, ECONorthwest is excited to discuss housing challenges associated with promoting more diverse housing, particularly middle housing and Accessory Dwelling Units. Middle Housing encompasses a range of neighborhood-scale housing options (e.g., triplexes, townhouses, cottage clusters) that offer alternatives to a single-family home and are closer in size to a typical home than a typical apartment building. This webinar offers a snapshot of the ADU and middle housing best practices and how these can achieve housing goals for an age-friendly community.
Why: To educate about missing middle housing and ADU’s and how they support age-friendly housing goals.
Who: Tyler Bump, Project Manager, ECONorthwest / Jennifer Cannon, Senior Project Manager, ECONorthwest
When: We will be meeting virtually on Thursday, November 17 from 12:00 noon – 1:00pm.
Where: Online on Zoom.Click here to register for this webinar if you have not already! Feel free to share with others who may be interested! If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Ian Baxter at email@example.com.