- NBC29, May 2022 – Interview with JABA CEO Marta Keane about the Charlottesville Area Alliance
- WINA News Radio, May 2022 – JABA CEO Marta Keane and The Center at Belvedere executive director Peter Thompson joined WINA Radio show host Michael Guthrie to talk about how the Charlottesville Area Alliance is advocating for healthy aging in our area.
- Daily Progress – Undergraduate advisers at the University of Virginia told Joe Jamison to create a business based on his passions, so that’s exactly what he did. It wasn’t cookies, coffee or clothes that stoked his fire, however. It was the effort to help others better enjoy life. “My father has used a wheelchair for my entire life and I grew up with a passion for accessibility and the different attitudes and physical barriers that he faced on a daily basis,” he said. “I knew that was what I wanted to do. It was just a matter of narrowing it down to the problems I could really make an impact on.” Read more…
- February 2021 –2.8.21 Charlottesville Area Alliance. Proclamation from the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- Daily Progress – Older Americans Month prompts new look at ‘age-friendly initiative’ for community
- JABA –2017 Charlottesville Area Alliance Annual Report
- NBC29 – Charlottesville Area Alliance Releases Age-Friendly Community Survey
- November 2018 Survey – Take the Charlottesville Area Alliance Survey
- Charlottesville Tomorrow – Albemarle, Charlottesville celebrate area aging alliance
- Charlottesville Podcasting Network –Becoming an Age-Friendly Community
- Daily Progress – Vital Signs: New Charlottesville Area Alliance strives for age-friendly community
- Press Release: Charlottesville, Albemarle County Accepted Into AARP’s Network of Age-Friendly Communities
- CBS19 –Alliance strives to make Charlottesville more “age-friendly” community
- July 11, 2019: As part of Unity Days C’Ville, and hosted by Charlottesville Tomorrow, Chip Boyles, Executive Director of the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission, and Marta Keane, CEO of Jefferson Area Board for Aging will present “Building Community for the Aging Population” and share information and survey result on the changing demographics in our region. Thursday, July 11, 2019 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. CitySpace,100 5th St. NE, Charlottesville on the Downtown Mall.
- April 10. 2019: The Tom Tom Festival’s Civic Innovation Conference. “How Do We Support an Age-Friendly Community?” Learn more and buy tickets.
- March 26, 2019: Charlottesville Area Alliance Partnership Meeting. Tuesday, March 26, 2019 starting at 8:00am in the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission’s Water Street Center at 407 E. Water Street.